Tuesday, April 27, 2010

a period of rest and then...rejoice

The productivity today was great. I actually got around to the garden, where my seedlings have been struggling to make themselves known. I went and planted the first batch in a new wider container, and need to get more soil, just a little bit more. I had enough to at least plant the bulk of them. I also took the mini-mint pot and started that one. I then took the leftovers and watered them. Everything is done. I slowly have gone through whittling down the magazines and various papers to recycle.

Last night I took care of myself, and appreciated the time off I was able to take. I did not even do any extra work, and just kept it quiet and calm. My body needed to rest and heal. I needed to sleep when I wanted to and not be bound by someone else's clock. It was a nice change.

I only went out to get fresh air, stretch my legs, and do some limited shopping for needed groceries. I tried to keep my spending to a minimum and kept myself busy with looking at some projects. I tried not to think of the job, I tried not to think of anything but...was I hungry was I thirsty did I need sleep? It was nice to baby myself.

Yesterday it rained, so I kept to the house. I was thankful I didn't have to go out in the rain, I was thankful to enjoy this time off. There was a marked difference between the last day of work and the first day of my time off -- I sounded better and felt lighter and felt more rested. I was able to sleep, finally. And it felt good.

I still have a bit of a cough but at least I'm not feeling like I'm underwater and itchy. Like I'm drowning and can't see, everything blurry. I feel better.

This time off was definitely needed and well deserved. It was a positive thing to turn my mind off and just focus on me.

Tomorrow is back to the work life. I can rejoice that it will be a short week. Thankfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment