Saturday, December 12, 2009

holidays and opportunities

Today is another cold day. I awoke early, but had a deep sleep. I watered the plants, had some breakfast, and relaxed, while watching television quietly. The dog took off after a while, and the day was blissfully quiet. I didn't even notice the sun setting. I ate a hot dog for an early dinner, as I didn't feel like cooking something more substantial. Plus, the living situation is such that going into the kitchen becomes a game of cloak and dagger to see who is doing what in the kitchen, despite my coming in with my own ingredients.

I have not bought the new stove yet -- been advised that a new stove should not be necessary, because no one else seems to care about getting a new one nor did anyone else offer to pitch in to help pay for it. I merely smiled, what else could I say? This is the life that others choose to lead, and a life I chose to let myself get mired in. It was up to me to pull myself out and get the hell out.

At the moment, I had yet to find the right opportunity for me. Until then, I continue to tread water and pay my bills.

Debated for a brief second whether I wanted to go out tonight and see a movie, just to get out and get some air, but the weather makes me think otherwise. Tomorrow I do my volunteer work, which will spur me into action to finish my errands and get ready for the work week. I have yet to figure out the rest of the Christmas gifts and only have so much time. This week's check will go to paying my phone bill and hopefully to pick up some gifts to put under the tree.

This will be a great holiday season. I just know it. Now I must check on some things before calling it a night. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment