Monday, March 5, 2012

K awoke in a bad mood. It was barely 9 am and I heard K on the phone, talking to UPS about a package pickup. K was shouting into the phone and I woke up. I had not been able to go to sleep readily the past two nights, and sighed inaudibly. Kept the dog silent while the call was conducted. A hangup, indignation, and I could hear the hard breathing of one pissed off K.

When K was finally able to get through, there was an "I don't know we'll call you back because we don't have you scheduled for pickup today" when it clearly stated on the label K had online that the pickup WOULD be happening today and not two-three days from now, was yet another straw that further irritated K.

I stayed quiet, and listened to K vent about it. Yes, these people are inept and yes they are the ones who have jobs and are working while so many are out of work.

Some jokes about how cowardly the dog was, just like her owner, meaning me -- was when I looked at K and said, hmmmm, perhaps you need to go out and get some fresh air. Maybe even go back to your place and just chill there for some peace and quiet. I should put the word cowardly in quotes because the word used was a little more coarse and related to a female body part.

K quietly got dressed. But apparently now is slacking because someone else in the house is going out to run errands. "Why can't you go and run yours? I'm here. " I ask. A silent shake of head. Whatever. K could've gone and done and been back by now. Just because others take two hours to get ready and go out doesn't mean a thing in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment